The Tulare Regional Medical Center Respiratory Therapy Team works closely with patients and their physicians to provide appropriate pulmonary diagnostics, treatment, monitoring and education.
All TRMC respiratory therapists are certified and/or registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care and Licensed by State of California to practice as Respiratory Care Practitioners. Additionally, all our therapists have completed courses in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. All Respiratory Care Practitioners are also first line responders of the Code Blues and Rapid Responses.
- Aerosol Therapy - Several forms of medication-based delivered therapies
- Arterial Blood Gas Sampling
- Asthma Education - Group classes for adults, parents, children, and schools, as well as one-one classes
- Bronchoscopy - Diagnostic and Therapeutic
- Chest physiotherapy
- Continuous Mechanical Ventilation -All the latest modes of ventilatory support
- C-section Assistance - Assist in the initial assessment and treatment of newborns with respiratory complications.
- Noninvasive Ventilation(BiPAP) - Used extensively throughout the facility with a high rate of success
- Oxygen therapy- Both high and low flow.
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) - includes-Spirometry, MVV, DLCO, Nitrogen Washout, lung volumes, Plethysmography
- Pulse Oximetry - Continuous monitoring and overnight oximetry studies.